Plastic free July
Plastic-Free July is an annual global movement that encourages individuals to reduce their plastic consumption and make more sustainable choices. In this blog, we will explore the environmental impact of the beauty industry and pancaking used, while also highlighting some effective ways to minimize single-use plastic throughout the month of July.
The Environmental Impact of the Beauty Industry:
The beauty industry has long been associated with excessive packaging and single-use plastic waste. From skincare products to makeup, the use of plastic containers and packaging has contributed significantly to environmental pollution. These plastic items often end up in landfills or find their way into our oceans, causing harm to marine life and ecosystems.
Minimizing Single-Use Plastic:
1. Solid Skincare: One way to reduce plastic waste is by opting for solid skincare products like those offered by sbtrctskincare. Their gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and makeup melt come in solid form, eliminating the need for plastic packaging. Check their full range, see the innovative solution that may become a future of the beauty industry. SBTRCT SKIN CARE kindly offered 20% discount for the entire range while using the code SYLWIA20
2. Refill Stations: Another great option is to visit local organic shops like mine, Zest Organic that offer refill stations for skincare, body care, and home cleaning products. By refilling your containers, you can significantly reduce the amount of single-use plastic waste generated.
3. Eco-Friendly Toothpaste: Consider switching to toothpaste brands like Parla that offer plastic-free alternatives. These toothpaste options often come in recyclable or compostable packaging, reducing plastic waste in your daily oral care routine.
4. Reusable Coffee Mugs and Water Bottles: Investing in reusable coffee mugs and water bottles is a simple yet effective way to minimize single-use plastic. By carrying your own containers, you can avoid disposable cups and plastic water bottles, reducing waste and promoting sustainability.
5. Plastic-Free Makeup Options: Look for makeup brands that offer plastic-free options, such as Kjaer Weis and their cream foundation. These brands prioritize sustainable packaging materials like refillable metal or compostable materials, helping to reduce plastic waste in the beauty industry. The luxury packaging is plastic free with a refillable option
6. Plastic free home products: As a part of my research for plastic free switches I came across an innovative brand NeatClean which household cleaning product. The products are concentrated, require only to be diluted with water. The bottle is made of aluminum, so it’s plastic free. You can order a starter pack or on the full range with a discount offered to me and you by NEATCLEAN using a discount code SYLWIAKUNYSZMUA at the check out. Or you can purchase it directly in your local Tesco( but no discount from me then:)
Every small step we take towards reducing single-use plastic counts, not just in July but throughout the year. By embracing plastic-free alternatives in our skincare, oral care, and daily routines, we can contribute to a greener future and protect our environment. Let’s make conscious choices and inspire others to join us in this important journey towards a plastic-free world.
Let me know what do you think of the options and if you are ready to try any of the above products/ solutions in your day to day life.